May 14, 2016

Final Project Update #1

I've made some significant progress on my final project updates. I have the gravity working, so now bullets curve towards the center and edges of the screen, depending on where the player is shooting from. This helps prevent players from "trapping" each other in corners:
I've decided to scrap the idea of turning the ship. It seems like more trouble than it's worth, especially since the black hole exists which prevents much vertical movement. There's just one problem, which I've come up with a solution to. For the 3 player game, two players are on one side of the hole. This could cause problems if they manage to kill the player on the other side, since they won't be able to attack each other. To combat this I've decided to make the 3 and 4-player games a team match. When the players on one side of the hole are eliminated the game is over. For the 3 player game, the solo player will be given double heath.